Craps Online Game Guide
Craps is an entertaining dice game that is viewed as a fairly simple game to play. Finding the casino craps table is easy as this is usually the noisiest one.
Introduction to Craps Online
As a brick and mortar casino game, online craps is known as a noisy and rowdy pursuit in which there is often much shouting and cheering. Commotion and uproar often characterizes the craps game at a land based casino.
Although it is difficult to place the exact origins of the craps game, there are some that believe that it has evolved from an ancient Roman pursuit used to pass the time by Roman soldiers. Others believe that the roots of craps lie in hazard, an old English game.
In the game of craps, players place bets against the casino and the game is based on the results of dice rolls. Bets are placed on the outcome of the roll of dice and then the dice are set into action. As the dice roll is dependent entirely on chance, the interest of the craps game lies in the betting. In itself the game is simple however in order to gain a real insight into the game, it is necessary to understand the different bets involved. For newcomers to the game, it would probably be wise to concentrate on the pass line bet and place aside all the other bets to avoid confusion.
Pass Line Bet
This is considered as possibly the most common type of bet in the game of craps. As the basic craps game bet this involves a wager being placed on the results of the dice roll. This form of bet could be classified as a series bet. In some cases, the results are only reached after multiple rolls of the dice.
Come Out Roll
The come out roll could also be explained as the first roll. With regards to the come out roll, the following should be noted:
- Should a 7 or 11 be produced on the come out roll, a pass line bet wins.
- In the case where a 2, 3 or 12 appear on the come out roll, the pass line bet loses.
- Should a number different from the above be rolled, this is called the ‘point’ and brings about the beginning of the series.
Basic Craps Game Rules
Following the pass line bet, the come out roll makes its appearance. If the outcome of the come out roll is a 7 or 11, then the player achieves a win. Should a 2, 3 or 12 be rolled, then the player loses. Should any other number be rolled then this number becomes the point. Once the point has been established, so that the pass line bet may
be won, the point number needs to be rolled again before the number 7. Should the number 7 be rolled first, then the player loses.
Don’t Come Bet
This bet is really the opposite to a ‘come’ bet. In this bet, the player wins when a 2 or 3 is rolled and loses upon a 7 or 11.
If a 7 is rolled before the point number is rolled again then this provides a win for the don’t come bet.
In the event that a place bet number is rolled before a 7, then this produces a win for the player. However, the player loses if a 7 is rolled before the place bet number.
The field bet is a single roll bet that may be place on any roll. In the event that a 3, 4, 9, 10 or 11 appear, the player wins even money. Should a 2 or 12 be rolled, the player wins 2:1. In the event that any other number is rolled, the player loses.
The online craps game is obviously slightly different as at an online casino table, there is no place for all the noise. Some players find this to be preferable and would rather avoid the rowdy atmosphere and play from the quiet of home. Playing online keno also takes away any feelings of intimidation that a craps player may feel upon approaching a land based casino craps table.
- It is recommended for players to first master the basic craps game and this may be done by understanding the pass line bet before moving on to look at the other types of bets.
- Players may take advantage of free online craps games in order to adjust to the method of play, practice and understand the workings of the game.
- As is the case with other casino games, controlling one’s bankroll is an important element of craps gaming.
- It should be noted that although the craps table layout may look confusing, once a player has gained an understanding of the different bets, the mist clears and this then proves to be quite a simple and fun form of entertainment.